Psychotherapy is a learning process for people with learning differences who want to access their potential and find their life path.
Here’s how it works:
- we find a safe comfortable therapist whom we can trust.
- We learn about how old painful feelings can currently infect our lives
- We learn to be empathic with ourselves and our deficits
- We learn whether painful powerful feelings are biologically based and need pharmacological intervention
- We learn to trust and use our strengths
Psychotherapy is an intimate complex discipline. If you want to learn more about psychotherapy, check out Chapter 10 of my book “Smart but Stuck: Overcoming Frustrations from Learning Disabilities.”